- Philadelphia Magazine, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers - Rising Star, 2013, 2014, 2015
- The Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, J.D., summa cum laude
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.S. in Marketing, summa cum laude
John Martin is a member of the firm’s Employment & Labor and Business Litigation practice groups. He also serves as the current chair of the firm's hiring committee.
Mr. Martin’s practice focuses on representing employers in all aspects of employment law and litigation, including gender, age, disability, and race discrimination cases, wrongful discharge and breach of contract cases, wage cases, cases under the Family and Medical Leave Act, non-compete and breach of fiduciary duty injunctive relief cases, and unemployment compensation cases. Mr. Martin regularly represents employers in actions brought before the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and state and federal court. In addition to representing Pennsylvania-based businesses of all sizes, Mr. Martin has represented several national companies in connection with employment defense litigation.
Mr. Martin is a frequent lecturer, giving presentations on a wide range of employment law topics such as social media, wage and hour issues, discrimination, and sexual harassment. And in addition to providing clients with advice regarding employment issues on a day-to-day basis (handbook and policy review, questions regarding employee discipline, etc.), Mr. Martin trains human resource professionals, supervisors, and employees on a variety of employment-related topics.
For more information and additional articles, please visit Rhoads & Sinon's Employment & Labor Law Blog.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Complimentary Seminar Series: Age Discrimination, Retirement and Succession Planning
- Social Media in the Workplace
- PBA Professional Development - Employment Law Update and What to Watch for in 2013 Seminar
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute - Social Media in the Workplace: Facebook, Twitter, foursquare & Other Web 2.0 Sites
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute - Social Media in the Workplace: Facebook, Twitter, foursquare & Other Web 2.0 Sites CLE
- PABanker - Setpember-October 2013 Issue,December 2013
- HCPro's Briefings on the Joint Commission, Vol. 23., No. 3
- Fee Agreements in Pennsylvania,June 2011
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- MS Leadership Class of 2008
- Leadership Cumberland Fellow, Class of 2013
- Carlisle Regional Performing Arts Center, Board Member
- National Civil Was Museum, Personnel Committee
- National MS Society, Central PA Chapter, Personnel Committee