- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., 1994
- Awards for Outstanding Academic Performance
- Environmental Moot Court - Regional Finalist
- Teaching Assistant
- Lebanon Valley College, BSW, 1990
Paul Bruder is Chair of the firm’s Environmental Law & Natural Resources practice group. He focuses his practice in the areas of federal (EPA) and state (DEP) regulatory compliance, brownfield remediation and development, mining and natural resources, land use and real estate development, and litigates complex environmental matters involving solid waste disposal and planning, storage tanks, water quality, stormwater and matters related to natural gas extraction.
A leading figure in Pennsylvania on issues involving Pennsylvania's Land Recycling (Act 2) program, Mr. Bruder has significant experience with these issues. Mr. Bruder has represented clients in obtaining Act 2 liability protection for a variety of cleanup standards. Representative projects include development of contaminated areas for residential use, commercial development, or re-use of abandoned industrial property.
Mr. Bruder represents numerous private and municipal entities regarding sewer and stormwater matters, and is an authority with respect to MS4 and NPDES permitting, sewage collection and treatment, nutrient reduction, Chesapeake Bay cleanup regulation, and nutrient credit trading. Mr. Bruder also has significant experience representing underground storage tank owners or operators that may have claims to the Underground Storage Tank Indemnification Fund, or those that may have private claims against tank owners for water or soil contamination and/or property damage.
In addition to his environmental law practice, Mr. Bruder is experienced in all matters related to natural resources, including coal mining and natural gas leasing, exploration and drilling, and works regularly with the Department of Environmental Protection and other governmental entities regarding water allocation and water quality issues.
In addition to his environmental practice, Mr. Bruder also represents clients in the sports and entertainment field. Mr. Bruder has represented a variety of entertainment and sports related clients, including Penn National Gaming, the Major Indoor Soccer League, Preserving the Legacy of Wrestling, and the Jockeys of Penn National Race Course, Inc. This representation includes litigation as well as general regulatory counseling and corporate compliance.
Mr. Bruder also practices general and commercial litigation, including construction litigation, and represents developers and property owners with respect to land use and development options. Mr. Bruder is well-versed in representing construction and renovation companies in dealing with lead paint and asbestos related issues.
Mr. Bruder has represented clients in matters on all judicial levels, including the Environmental Hearing Board, the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court and other state appellate courts, and federal court in environmental and other matters.
- Mr. Bruder served as an attorney with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, where he represented the Commonwealth in litigation involving coal and non-coal mining operations, clean water and water supply management, sewage facilities, waste disposal, and site remediation.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Rhoads & Sinon Environmental Team Scored Another Big Victory
- Paul Bruder appointed by Governor Tom Corbett to Serve 4 Year Term as a Member of the Citizens Advisory Committee to the Chesapeake Bay Executive Council
- Rhoads & Sinon’s Environmental Team Secures Significant Victory In Municipal Stormwater Case
- Client Alert: PENNVEST and DEP Announce Nutrient Credit Trading Auction for Susquehanna and Potomac Watersheds
- Paul Bruder to serve on the PA Department of Environmental Protection Process Subcommittee of the Pennsylvania Cleanup Standards Science Advisory Board
- Client Alert - New Clean and Green Law Signed
- Client Alert - Environmental Protection Agency Announces Chesapeake Bay "Pollution Diet"
- Client Alert - Nutrient Credit Auction Benefits Lycoming County and Farmers
- Rhoads & Sinon's Paul Bruder helps the York County IDA Secure Environmental Liability Protection for Harley-Davidson Site in York
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Legal Intelligencer,September 30, 2013
- January 2013
- Winter 2011,December 2011
- Environmental Update -- DEP Reorganizes to Address Brownfields and Marcellus Shale; New Stormwater General Permit Finalized,September 2011
- August 2011
- May 10, 2011
- Harrisburg Commercial Real Estate ReviewReport,February 2011
- December 6, 2010
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Current and Past Affliliations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association - Environmental and Natural Resources Section
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Chairman, City of Harrisburg Police, Fire and Non-Uniform Civil Service Commission
- Member, Board of Directors, Helen O. Krause Animal Foundation, Inc.
- Southcentral Assembly for Effective Governance - Land Use Committee
- Member, Big 33 Scholarship Foundation
- Member, Canine Rescue of Central Pennsylvania