- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Employee Benefits Law
- Temple University School of Law, L.L.M., Taxation, 1983
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 1982
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 1979
Drake Nicholas is a partner in the law firm of Rhoads & Sinon and has been listed in the Best Lawyers in America® for over 20 years. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, employee stock ownership plans, corporate reorganization, corporate governance and employee benefits, ERISA and Executive Compensation.
Mr. Nicholas is involved in the merger and acquisition arena for many different industry sectors, including in particular, companies in the technology, health care, manufacturing and professional service sectors. Mr. Nicholas also works frequently with private equity investors as part of his merger and acquisition practice.
Mr. Nicholas manages the firm’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) practice and oversees the firms non-financial institution mergers and acquisition practice. Mr. Nicholas regularly advises shareholders, directors and companies and various other professional and private fiduciaries regarding the establishment, use and operation of ESOPs and ESOP related strategies, including ownership succession transactions, management buyouts, mergers and acquisition.
Mr. Nicholas also advises and represents clients with respect to tax audits and other matters before federal agencies charged with the enforcement of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), including the United States Department of Labor and the Internal Revenue Service. Mr. Nicholas lectures extensively to CPAs and other professionals and before numerous business organizations on business succession/acquisition strategies.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Tax Court
- Eight Rhoads & Sinon LLP Attorneys Named to 2017 Best Lawyers® List
- Eight Rhoads & Sinon LLP Attorneys Named to 2016 Best Lawyers® in America List
- Rhoads & Sinon Advises Integrity Bancshares, Inc. in merger with S&T Bancorp, Inc.
- Rhoads & Sinon Advises Codorus Valley Bancorp, Inc. in Acquisition of Madison Bancorp, Inc.
- Rhoads & Sinon Advises The First National Bank of Minersville in merger with The Gratz Bank
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- ESOP Association
- NCEO Association