- The Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, J.D., cum laude, 2006
- Dean’s Scholar
- Woolsack Honor Society
- Frank A. and Dorothy J. Sinon Scholarship for Excellence in the Study of Tax Law
- Irving Yaverbaum Accounting Prize
- Appellate Moot Court Board
- Trial Moot Court Board
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
- Dickinson College, B.S., magna cum laude, with honors in Geology, 1997
Jonathan W. Cox
Jonathan W. Cox is a lawyer in Rhoads & Sinon’s municipal finance practice group where he serves as bond counsel and bank counsel in connection with the financing of capital projects for municipalities, school districts and sewer and water authorities, as well as non-profit entities, including continuing care retirement communities, hospitals, colleges and fire and emergency medical service providers. Mr. Cox also assists clients with State and Federal funding programs, including those of PennVest, PEDFA, PEMA and the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture Community Development and Rural Utilities Service.
Mr. Cox is a native of Central Pennsylvania: he grew up in Wellsboro, attended Dickinson College, where he graduated magna cum laude, and then the Dickinson School of Law, where he was a Dean’s Scholar and the recipient of several honors and awards for his academic performance.
- Prior to entering the practice of law, Mr. Cox obtained a variety of academic, government and business experience teaching geology, consulting with the U.S. Geological Survey, and then planning and engineering fiber optic networks for an international telecommunications company.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
Professional & Community Affiliations
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers Board Member, 2015 - Present
- Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation Board Member, 2012-Present
- Carlisle Family YMCA Board Member, 2012-Present
- Murata Business Center Advisory Board, 2005-2012
- Leadership Cumberland Fellow - Class of 2012