Group Practice and Professional Entities
In the area of Group Practice and Professional Practice Entities law, Rhoads & Sinon LLP represents numerous physicians, other healthcare professionals, and professional group entities, including professional corporations and partnerships. The firm provides initial and ongoing legal representation for organizational and business aspects of healthcare practice, including the following:
- determining whether and how to incorporate or to establish a limited liability company or partnership;
- establishing the professional entity (state filings, bylaws, minutes, etc.);
- providing for the rights of the entity's shareholders/partners (including structuring buy-in and buy-out arrangements, net income division, and sickness/disability/severance arrangements);
- drafting shareholder/partnership and employment agreements;
- third party payor credentialling;
- drafting/reviewing arrangements for in-office services (i.e., nurse practitioners, physician assistants, therapists, etc.);
- maintaining and updating corporate records; and
- addressing employment issues (terminations; restrictive covenants; new associate/partner employment agreements; employment discrimination, sexual harassment and ADA issues; and employee manuals).
The firm also handles mergers, affiliations, joint ventures, dissolutions, and reimbursement matters for physicians and practice entities. Finally, the firm represents physicians, groups of physicians, and mental and behavioral health providers in establishing legal entities to review and negotiate managed care relationships with other providers and with third party payors.