Medical Practice Transactions
In the area of Medical Practice Transactions Rhoads & Sinon LLP has represented hundreds of primary care and specialist physicians, group practices, dentists, and hospitals, in connection with sales of practices to hospitals, health care systems, practitioners, for-profit companies, and third party payors. Conversely, the firm has also represented hospitals and health systems in the acquisition of primary care and specialty practices. Finally, in response to health care market trends, the firm has recently been involved in the unwinding of many such relationships, frequently through resales to the medical groups which originally sold the practices.
Services involved in medical practice transactions include:
- negotiating and drafting practice acquisition documents;
- conducting and coordinating legal and business due diligence review of the practice and any related realty;
- structuring physician incentive compensation arrangements;
- negotiating and preparing employment agreements;
- negotiating and preparing leases;
- analyzing the impact of health care regulatory issues (i.e., fraud and abuse, Stark II, private inurement, corporate practice of medicine, etc.); and
- establishing assignment accounts with third party payors.