Rhoads & Sinon’s Business Litigation practice group covers the spectrum of business relationships. Our attorneys work closely with other attorneys and practice groups from within the firm, drawing upon their substantial expertise and experience to provide our clients with unparalleled representation.
We are well versed with the breadth of remedies that are sought in business cases, including injunctions, specific performance, lost profits, dissolution and a vast array of consequential damages. No case is too large or too small. We regularly represent a wide spectrum of clients, from Fortune 500 companies to mid-sized businesses to start-up ventures in cases arising in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
We understand the needs of our clients, evaluating the strategy in every matter on a case by case basis. We thoroughly examine the facts and provide a detailed plan of litigation for our clients. We settle when appropriate, and litigate to verdict and appeal when necessary.
Our business litigation practice covers:
- Administrative Litigation - If you have to appear before any administrative agency or administrative hearing in central Pennsylvania, our Harrisburg, PA, business attorneys can prepare you for the hearing and the process and can stay beside you every step of the way.
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation Litigation - Since 2009, trade regulations and antitrust matters have become stricter and more complex while at the same time, federal and state agencies have become more willing to enforce regulations. Our attorneys can develop a plan for remaining compliant and if necessary can defend you from accusations of price discrimination, unfair trade practices and other antitrust issues.
- Appellate Litigation - Rhoads & Sinon attorneys are regularly called upon by other law firms to act as co-counsel or appellate counsel. If you will be appearing before an appellate court, contact us to develop a defense strategy.
- Banking & Financial Services Litigation - If you are a bank or financial institution, Rhoads & Sinon has been serving financial institutions – including major banks and small credit unions – since 1935. You can contact us for a consultation to review any legal issues you may face.
- Bankruptcy Litigation - Bankruptcy can be one way to protect assets and your financial future. Let the business attorneys at our law firm support you in filing the right bankruptcy at the right time and negotiating for the best outcome so you can start over.
- Business Insurance & Coverage Litigation - Insurance disputes in business can affect your ability to cover costs after a catastrophe or other covered event. Our business attorneys serve clients in Lancaster, PA, and surrounding regions when an insurance dispute arises.
- Business Torts Litigation - Tort claims can include allegations of misrepresentation, fraud, trespass, misappropriation and certain types of intellectual property concerns, among others. Contact Rhoads & Sinon for defense against these and other tort allegations.
- Class Action Litigation - When multiclass litigation involves multiple plaintiffs, the resulting case can become very complex. The attorneys at Rhoads & Sinon have handled multiple high-profile class-action lawsuits and have strongly defended clients in the private and public sectors against these claims.
- Civil Rights Litigation - Civil rights exist to ensure every citizen is protected against discrimination, but while civil rights are based on the laws of the land, false accusations or misinformed accusations can ruin reputations. Our attorneys have represented municipal, federal, school and local municipalities, officials and individuals in civil rights cases and discrimination claims.
- Complex Litigation - Complex litigation can include tort claims, contract disputes, malpractice and professional malpractice claims and other claims. The attorneys at Rhoads & Sinon have the expertise needed to handle complex litigation across a variety of practice areas.
- Construction Litigation - Rhoads & Sinon has defended municipalities, schools, corporations, individuals, contractors, subcontractors and other defendants in a variety of construction claims.
- Corporation, Partnership & Corporate Control Litigation - Change of control agreements and other agreements can help protect all stakeholders against claims stemming from a variety of business disputes. When a dispute does occur, our business litigation attorneys can provide a substantial defense.
- Directors & Officers Liability Litigation - Although corporations offer some protection against liability, when a corporation is sued, its directors may be named as defendants. When this occurs, it is important to engage a qualified business litigation attorney in York, PA, to strongly defend the directors from any claims against their personal property and business assets.
- Education Litigation - Student discipline, staff issues and other education litigation problems can arise at charter schools, colleges, public schools and a variety of educational institutions.
- Employment Litigation - Employment litigation claims may include allegations of employee discrimination, age discrimination, unfair hiring or firing practices, wrongful termination and contract disputes. Engaging a qualified attorney in all these cases is important to protect your business.
- Environmental Litigation - Claims of environmental law violations – including allegations of dumping or claims stemming from hazardous-waste spills – can harm a company's reputation and future. A qualified business attorney in York, PA, can help defend your organization from such claims.
- ERISA Litigation - Rhoads & Sinon has defended health insurers and other defendants in benefits claims. We also support clients by providing them with personalized plans to avoid ERISA litigation.
- Health Care Litigation - Health care litigation may stem from HIPPA, contract issues, medical staff concerns and other claims. In these situations, a qualified attorney can vigorously defend your clinic, practice, hospital or other organization.
- Injunctive & Emergency Relief - Litigation can take months or years to work its way through the courts. The attorneys at Rhoads & Sinon recognize some organizations cannot wait that long for a resolution. As a result, our attorneys have formed a unique injunctive and emergency relief team to fully support those clients who require nontraditional or faster support.
- Intellectual Property Litigation - In today's business environment, intellectual property – including matters related to patents, trademarks, copyrights and other forms of intellectual property -- form the backbone of many businesses. Any disputes or claims resulting from intellectual property claims can affect the financial life of the business and can in fact close a company. Our intellectual property attorneys understand the unique issues affecting IP claims.
- Professional & Fiduciary Liability Litigation - Our attorneys defend trustees, banks, financial professionals, officers, professionals, directors and others from liability claims. We also counsel these individuals and entities on ways to prevent litigation.
- Real Estate, Zoning & Land Use Litigation - Property management claims, contractor disputes, landlord and tenant disagreement, commercial leasing problems and other issues all fall under the umbrella of real estate, zoning and land use claims. If you have any claim relating to land use, real estate, property bylaws or zoning, contact our law firm for support.
- Securities & Shareholder Litigation - Claims of fraud and misrepresentation against corporations or directors and officers can have a devastating impact on shares and on a corporation’s financial success. Our attorneys defend corporations and individual directors and officers against such claims.
- Tax Litigation - Any claims made by the IRS or other tax bodies can result in severe penalties as well as complicated legal proceedings. Our attorneys have the financial forensic experience and tax expertise to defend corporations, individuals, municipalities and other parties in tax litigation claims.
- Trust & Estates Litigation - Petitions to remove trustees, breach of duty claims, will contest and other issues can arise in the area of trusts and estates. When this occurs, our legal team can provide strong defense.
- White Collar Criminal Defense, Internal Investigation, & Corporate Compliance - Corporate governance and white-collar crime issues have received significant media attention over the past few years, and there is a greater push to actively enforce laws related to these areas. When a corporation or individual needs strong defense in these areas of law, other law firms refer their clients to Rhoads & Sinon due to our expertise in these areas.
- Constitutional Litigation
- ERISA Litigation
- ERISA Litigation
- Financial Services Litigation
- First Amendment Litigation
- Municipal Litigation
- Public Utility Litigation
- Successful Trial Defense Of Claim for $84 Million In Damages
- Supreme Court Victory
- Trade Secrets Jury Verdict
- Transportation Litigation
- Trustee Surcharge Defense
Publications & Alerts
- AHLA Health Care Liability & Litigation Volume 17, Issue 1,2015
- October 2015
- PACB Transactions,September 2014
- Rhoads & Sinon attorneys publish trade secrets article in "For the Defense", a nationally circulated professional magazine,For The Defense Magazine,July 2013
- September 21, 2011
- PaTLA News
- Michael Winfield Appointed as Hearing Committee Member for the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Rhoads & Sinon Wins Appeal in Commonwealth Court
- Rhoads & Sinon Attorneys Prevail In The United States Court Of Appeals For The Sixth Circuit
- Rhoads & Sinon Trial Team Wins Trade Secrets Jury Verdict
- Messiah Grad's Work On The Kagen Nomination Was An Unforgettable Job
Seminars & Events
- Thomas A. French and Amanda J. Lavis present legal ethics and cyber security topics at Association of Corporate Counsel Conference
- Thomas French will return as a guest speaker to the Central Pennsylvania Chapter of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- Thomas French will return to the Pennsylvania Bankers Association School of Trust, for his sixth year serving as an instructor of fiduciary law and Orphans' Court litigation