Since 1935, the attorneys of Rhoads & Sinon have provided strategic counsel to the participants of the construction industry throughout Pennsylvania and in neighboring states. Our clients have included public and private owners (including developers, public universities and educational foundations, school districts, municipalities, authorities, and local government entities), contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, design professionals and sureties, seeking counsel on construction projects ranging from the hundreds of thousands to the hundreds of millions of dollars. Those projects have involved commercial office buildings, hotels, international airport terminals and related structures, public and private school buildings, bridges and highways, wastewater treatment facilities, public water systems, power plants, and churches, among others.
Our attorneys are highly experienced in the various complexities that construction projects present, and strive to find practical solutions to even the most challenging problems. We adopt the same “outside of the box” creative thought process in addressing legal issues that our clients apply in the administration, design and construction of buildings and infrastructure. We understand that listening is at times better than speaking; that our clients bring a wealth of industry specific expertise to the table that has significant value in exploring appropriate legal solutions; and that responsiveness is a quintessential element in the delivery of legal services. It is this approach, combined with our steadfast commitment to providing the highest quality service that distinguishes us from our peers.
The Rhoads & Sinon Construction Law practice group contains a complete array of construction attorneys who provide construction counseling services including but not limited to the following:
- drafting and review of construction documents,
- negotiation of construction contracts,
- addressing public procurement issues including compliance with bidding procedures, and prosecuting and defending bid protests and taxpayer injunction actions,
- counseling clients during project administration, including early resolution of construction disputes between and among owners, design professionals, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers,
- addressing schedule impact claims during construction to mitigate damages and impacts to overall project costs,
- addressing design errors and omissions,
- addressing mechanics’ lien issues and bond claims,
- counseling clients through termination proceedings,
- addressing issues relative to nonpayment for services provided,
- analyzing construction claims and evaluating dispute resolution options, and
- mediating, arbitrating, and litigating construction disputes in all forums.
In addition, our multidisciplinary approach to the practice of law enables us to seamlessly provide services from our other practice groups to address environmental issues, project financing, federal and state tax issues, real estate acquisition, and labor and employment issues – any or all of which may arise during the lifespan of a construction project.
Publications & Alerts
- Vol. 38, No. 12 - No Damage for Delay