Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Implementation Program Update
On July 19, 2016, the Pennsylvania Department of Health announced the formation of the first Medical Marijuana Physician Workgroup. Secretary Murphy stated when announcing the formation of the Workgroup, “The Department is being very thoughtful and thorough in our approach to developing and implementing a medically –focused program that will benefit patients with serious medical conditions”. She explained that they have started to work closely with physician groups to disseminate information and feedback on the program and its implementation.
Participants in the workgroup include:
- Alleghany Health Network
- Geisinger Health System
- Penn State Health
- Port Allegany Health Center
- Temple University Health Systems
- The Lehigh Valley Health Network
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals
- Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- The Commonwealth Medical College
- Pennsylvania Academy of Family Physicians
- Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
The Department will soon be releasing a survey asking for feedback to help in the development of temporary regulations pertaining to physicians.
Check our website for future developments.